Full-Time Electrical Engineer
1. Work with US-based programs to maintain and update the Electrical Loads Analysis for the aircrafts AC and DC power systems. Assess changes to electrical power standards and specifications specific to the aircraft. Assess electrical power loading effects from configuration changes, including the impact of failures, off-nominal conditions, transients, and other use cases, and recommend design changes to meet requirements. Interact with electronic systems teams, suppliers, and configurators to ensure the overall electrical power system meets requirements.
2. Assess and report the electrical power impact of changing technology, new vendors, process changes, form-fit-function part number substitutions and the installation of Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) equipment. Coordinate efforts with the Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability teams.
3. Assess future electrical power loading needs of the aircraft through involvement in the initial design and development stages of activities affecting the electrical loading of the aircraft and assess the methods for measuring the performance of the electrical power system of the aircraft, recommend and develop improvements. Identify significant degradations and make recommendations for correction.
4. Provide engineering test support for programmed depot maintenance (PDM) activities including pre-induction testing and development of systems test procedures.
5. Build internal competency and resources to create a core analysis and design expertise for electrical loads.
6. Establish a local design capability for electrical wiring, designing harnesses to schematics provided by program teams.
7. Develop proficiency in advanced, off-the-shelf electrical design tools for wire harness design, electrical system design, and electrical loads analysis.
8. Develop a high skill level in harness design, based on best practices across Boeing and deliver completed harness designs to program teams with first-time quality.
9. Develop and maintain technical relationships / partnerships with customers, suppliers, peers, partners and team members to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
10. Provide technical oversight to junior employees and suppliers, and lead process improvements. Motivates, develop and mentor junior employees to achieve excellent technical and business outcomes.
11. Provides periodic updates to Boeing management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents. Coordinate and communicate regularly with experts in Boeing organizations around the world. Support initiatives on engineering excellence, employee development, mentoring, and customer engagement .
12. This position will require some travel within India and internationally.
597 total views, 2 today