Full-Time Team Leader – Mechanical (Buildings)
Team leader shall co-ordinate with Project Manager and Technical Manager/Principal Engineer and be primarily involved in delivering the scheduled tasks in the form of design calculations and drawings. Expected to be a good team player within the design team, the Design Engineer will:
1) Manage major aspects of the Mechanical design of projects.
2) Be responsible to both the Project Manager and the Senior Engineer/Technical Manager/Principal Engineer for the organization, production, and quality of work.
3) Act as Mechanical sub-lead, depending on the scope of the project.
4) Coordinate design efforts with all other groups, and maintain project records.
5) Ensure compliance with relevant standards and procedures.
6) Prepare and participate in design reviews.
7) Capability to interact with overseas business partners for future business plans, turnover, documentation and other aspects of business.
8) Capability to lead a team of 20-40 engineers, technicians and be a good team leader and with excellent inter-personal skills.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
1) Design of HVAC, Water Supply, drainage & firefighting ventilation other mechanical system.
2) Heat load calculation with HAP, Hevacomp or IES, ventilation calculation, water supply sizing & drainage calculation.
3) Able to calculate the pressure drop calculation for duct & pipes.
4) Equipment capacity sizing & selection of equipment’s.
5) MEP coordination & checking.
6) Certify the layout / model in Revit/ CAD.
7) Safety installations and Security installations.
Required Skills and Qualifications
1) Must possess B.Tech/ M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with 8 to 12 years of professional experience.
2) Must possess the ability to develop complex designs, drawings and calculations with minimal guidance from other senior staff
3) Must possess sound knowledge on understanding aspects of Design Basis Reports, HVAC, Water & Fire single line diagram & demand calculations etc.
4) Should have knowledge of any soft wares such as HAP, Hevacomp, MagicCAD for AutoCAD – 3D, REVIT MEP / NAVISWORKS
5) Prefderably should have exposure to International codes and standards such as Euro Codes/ BS Coded, ASHRAE, CIBSE & IPC, NFPA etc.
6) Must possess mechanical design experience in the engineering service like: Office, Residential, Commercial, Hotel, sports facilities etc.
7) Should be passionate about engineering with an attitude of absolute intolerance for non-compliance in relation to people safety, environment or product quality.
8) Should have flexible attitude, in an environment with frequently changing deadlines and can be relied on to meet deadlines.
9) Should be committed to both their work and personal development, with a willingness to widen their experience and knowledge base.
10) Must possess professional English language skills (written and verbal).
11) Should be able to communicate clearly with drafting team by sketches.
12) Should be able to work in a team and support, mentor and develop junior engineers.
424 total views, 2 today